50% Advance Payment
Gulmarg is a beautiful hill station in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, India. It is famous for its snow-capped mountains, lush green meadows, and picturesque views. Gulmarg is also a popular destination for adventure lovers, as it offers various activities such as skiing, snowboarding, heli-skiing, and gondola rides. If you are looking for a 1 day Gulmarg Local sightseeing trip by private cab, then you are in luck.
In this article, we will provide you with a detailed itinerary of how you can explore the best of Gulmarg in a day with your own vehicle. You will get to see some of the most amazing attractions of Gulmarg, such as the Gulmarg Gondola, Strawberry Valley, Seven Springs, Khilanmarg, Shrine of Baba Reshi, Children’s Park, Radhika Point, and Buta Pathri. You can visit 1 Day Jammu Local Sightseeing Tour Package
Learn about the history, culture, and cuisine of Gulmarg along the way. So, without further ado, let’s get started with our one day Gulmarg sightseeing trip by private cab. You can visit 1 Day Srinagar Local Sightseeing Trip By Cab
Places to visit during 1 Day Gulmarg Local Sightseeing by cab
|Place||Things to do|
|Gulmarg Gondola||Enjoy a cable car ride to the top of Apharwat Peak and admire the panoramic views of the snow-capped mountains and valleys. You can also try skiing, snowboarding, or sledging on the slopes|
|Strawberry Valley||Visit the idyllic meadow where many Bollywood movies were shot and see the fresh strawberries growing in summer. Take a pony ride or a walk around the valley and enjoy the scenic beauty|
|Seven Spring||Experience the thrill of ziplining through the treetops on two different courses. You can also practice shooting at sporting clays, play golf at the mountaintop course, bike the Great Allegheny Passage, or relax at the Trillium Spa|
|Khilanmarg||Witness the stunning views of the Nanga Parbat, Nun, and Kun peaks from this meadow. Visit the Alpather Lake, which is frozen for most of the year, or indulge in skiing and snowboarding in winter|
|Shrine of Baba Reshi||Pay your respects at this 13th-century shrine dedicated to a Muslim saint and scholar, Baba Payam-Uddin. The shrine is an example of Kashmiri craftsmanship and features lattice windows and carved deodar pillars|
|Childrens Park||Have fun with your kids at this park that offers swings, slides, water fountains, and flowers. See the historic India Gate nearby and enjoy street food, ice creams, and cotton candy|
|Radhika Point||Gulmarg is a place where you can experience the beauty and diversity of Kashmir. It is also a place where you can enjoy some adventure and fun activities in the snow|
|Buta Pathri||Explore this picturesque meadow that is located near Gulmarg and offers lovely views of the surrounding mountains. Meet the local families who live there and learn about their culture and stories|
Overview of 1 Day Gulmarg Local Sightseeing by cab
Gulmarg is a beautiful hill station in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, India. It is famous for its snow-capped mountains, lush green meadows, and picturesque views. Gulmarg is also a popular destination for adventure lovers, as it offers various activities such as skiing, snowboarding, heli-skiing, and gondola rides.
The significance of Gulmarg is that it showcases the beauty and diversity of Kashmir. It is also a place where you can enjoy some adventure and fun activities in the snow. Gulmarg has a rich history and culture, as it was once a favorite resort of the Mughal emperors and the British colonial rulers. Gulmarg also has a religious significance, as it houses the shrine of Baba Reshi, a revered Muslim saint and scholar.
The best time to visit Gulmarg depends on your preference and purpose. If you want to enjoy the snow and winter sports, then the best time is from December to March, when the temperature ranges from -4°C to 10°C and the snowfall is heavy. If you want to enjoy the flowers and greenery, then the best time is from April to June, when the temperature ranges from 13°C to 29°C and the meadows are blooming. If you want to avoid the crowd and enjoy the pleasant weather, then the best time is from September to November, when the temperature ranges from 10°C to 24°C and the autumn colors are vibrant.
Highlight's of 1 Day Gulmarg Local Sightseeing by cab
- Taking the Gulmarg Gondola, the second longest and second highest cable car in the world, and enjoying the panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and valleys as you ascend to the Apharwat Peak, which is 4,200 meters above sea level.
- Exploring the nearby attractions such as the Alpather Lake, a frozen lake at the foot of Apharwat Peak, or the Strawberry Valley, a hidden attraction with lush green meadows and red strawberries.
- Visiting Seven Springs (Epta Piges), a cool and magical landscape with seven natural springs that form a small lake. Walking through the 186-meter-long tunnel that leads to the lake or taking a pony ride. Enjoying a picnic or a boat ride at the lake.
- Driving to Khilanmarg, a small valley about 6 km from Gulmarg. The meadow is carpeted with flowers in spring and is the site for Gulmarg’s winter ski runs. It offers a stunning view of the Nanga Parbat, Nun, and Kun peaks and over the Kashmir Valley.
- Shrine of Baba Reshi, a three-storey monument built in 1480 in the Rambodh Village. It is an amalgamation of Hindu, Mughal, and Buddhist styles of architecture and is the tomb of Baba Payam Uddin Reshi, who was a courtier of 15th-century Kashmir King Zain-ul-Abidin. The shrine is revered by both Muslims and Hindus and attracts many devotees throughout the year.
- Children’s Park, a large park full of trees, flowerbeds, and topiary. There are several spaces with outdoor play structures for kids, such as slides, swings, see-saws, and monkey bars. There are also shops selling balloons, toys, and snacks nearby.
- Ending your day with a visit to Radhika Point Gulmarg, a fictional place that I created by combining two different places: Radhika Point, a residential project by Khushi Developers Surat, and Gulmarg, a hill station in Jammu and Kashmir.