50% Advance Payment Requirement
Srinagar is the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir and a popular tourist destination. It is known for its natural beauty, cultural heritage, and historical significance. Srinagar has many attractions that can be explored in a day by cab. Here are some of the highlights of a one-day Srinagar local sightseeing trip by cab:
The best time to visit Srinagar is from April to October when the weather is perfect for sightseeing. The minimum temperature during this time ranges between 10 to 20 degrees Celcius while the maximum temperature is around 20 to 30 degrees Celcius. Srinagar has two main seasons – summer and winter with 1-2 months of autumn. There is no proper monsoon season as Srinagar has very little rainfall. Explore Srinagar during Srinagar Local Sightseeing Trip. 1 Day Jaipur Local Sightseeing Tour Package
Srinagar is situated in the Vale of Kashmir along the banks of the Jhelum River. Srinagar has a rich history dating back to the 3rd century BCE, when it was founded by King Pravarasena II. It was ruled by various dynasties such as the Mauryans, Kushans, Huns, Guptas, Utpalas, Loharas, Mughals, Afghans, Sikhs, and Dogras. It became part of India after the partition and independence in 1947.
Places to visit during 1 day Srinagar Local Sightseeing Trip by cab
Srinagar is famous for its lakes, gardens, mosques, and temples. Some of the must-see places are: Dal Lake, Shikara ride, Shalimar Bagh, Mughal Garden, Shankaracharya Temple, Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden, Hazratbal Shrine,
|Place||Things to do|
|Shalimar Bagh Mughal Garden||– Admire the beauty and architecture of the largest and most beautiful garden in Srinagar, built by Emperor Jahangir for his wife Nur Jahan in the 17th century.|
– Enjoy the scenic views of the Dal Lake and the Zabarwan hills from the garden.
– Visit the nearby Nishat Bagh, another stunning Mughal garden with 12 terraces and fountains.
|Shankaracharya Temple||– Drive to the ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, located on a hilltop overlooking the city.|
– Enjoy the panoramic views of the valley and the mountains from the temple.
– Pay your respects at the sacred pilgrimage site for Hindus.
|Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden||– Head to the largest tulip garden in Asia, situated at the foothills of the Zabarwan mountain range.|
– Marvel at the more than 70 varieties of tulips in different colours and shapes in the garden.
– Visit the garden during the Tulip Festival, which is held in April every year, to witness the spectacular display of flowers.
|Dal Lake||– Explore the iconic attraction of Srinagar, surrounded by mountains and floating gardens, markets, and houseboats.|
– Take a shikara ride on the lake and enjoy the serene atmosphere and the scenic beauty.
– Shop for souvenirs, handicrafts, and dry fruits at the floating markets on the lake.
|Char Chinar||– Visit the small island with four chinar trees in the middle of the Dal Lake.<br>- Admire the natural beauty and tranquility of the island.|
– Take some memorable photos with the chinar trees as a backdrop.
|Shikara Ride||– Experience the traditional wooden boat ride on the Dal Lake.|
– Relax and enjoy the gentle breeze and the soothing sound of water.
– Witness the daily life and culture of the locals living on the houseboats.
Overview of 1 Day Srinagar Local Sightseeing Trip By cab
Srinagar is a city of lakes, gardens, mosques, and temples. It is the summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir and a popular tourist destination. It has a rich history and culture that dates back to ancient times. Srinagar offers many attractions that can be explored in a day by cab. You can enjoy the natural beauty, the architectural marvels, and the local cuisine of Srinagar in a comfortable and convenient way.
Highlight's of Srinagar One day Tour by cab
- Shalimar Bagh Mughal Garden: The largest and most beautiful garden in Srinagar, built by Emperor Jahangir for his wife Nur Jahan in the 17th century. It has four terraces, fountains, pavilions, and flower beds. It also offers scenic views of the Dal Lake and the Zabarwan hills.
- Shankaracharya Temple: An ancient temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, located on a hilltop overlooking the city. It has a stone staircase, a circular sanctum, and a dome. It offers panoramic views of the valley and the mountains. It is also a sacred pilgrimage site for Hindus.
- Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden: The largest tulip garden in Asia, situated at the foothills of the Zabarwan mountain range. It has more than 70 varieties of tulips in different colours and shapes. It also overlooks the Dal Lake. The best time to visit the garden is during the Tulip Festival, which is held in April every year.
- Dal Lake: One of the most iconic attractions of Srinagar, surrounded by mountains and floating gardens, markets, and houseboats. You can take a shikara ride on the lake and enjoy the serene atmosphere and the scenic beauty. You can also visit the Char Chinar, a small island with four chinar trees in the middle of the lake.
- Hazratbal Shrine: A revered Muslim shrine on the banks of the Dal Lake. It houses a relic believed to be a hair of Prophet Muhammad. The shrine has a white marble dome and a minaret, and reflects Islamic architecture. It is also a place of peace and harmony for people of all faiths.